- ROLF has created a compliance packet to help SNFs implement the most recent changes to the nursing home Requirements of Participation by the Nov. 28th deadline.
- The compliance packet is available in an easy to customize electronic format and is sold on a flat fee basis.
On October 4, 2016, CMS published the first major changes to the Requirements of Participation (“RoPs”) for long-term care facilities in 25 years. The revisions require nursing facilities to abide by new requirements, update existing policies, update procedures and agreements, implement new programs, and provide additional information to residents.
Tackling these changes now is critical. Surveyors will begin surveying on “Phase 1” changes to the RoPs at the end of this month, starting November 28, 2016. To assist ROLF‘s clients in managing these changes, avoid state enforcement actions, and maintain their five-star ratings, ROLF has prepared a Phase 1 Compliance Packet.
The Compliance Packet includes guidance for updating existing documentation and sample documents, including:
- Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation & Misappropriation of Resident Property Policy
- Admission Policy
- Advance Directives Policy
- Discharge Notice
- Discharge Planning
- Facility Closure
- Grievance Policy
- Personal Property Policy
- Pharmacist Medication Review Policy
- Resident Rights: Federal
- Room & Roommate Change Form
- Visitation Policy
ROLF will deliver the compliance packet in Microsoft Word for easy customization. The compliance packet will be downloadable from a hyperlink sent via email.
If you are interested in purchasing the compliance packet, please contact any of the attorneys identified below: