Employers in the highly-regulated health care profession face special employment law challenges. It is critical that your counsel understands the relationship between employment laws and the vast array of state and federal regulations affecting the health care profession.
With our long term commitment to health care providers, ROLF will navigate you through the nuances of the employment laws with strategies that take into account your obligations under health care regulations. We can assist you in drafting employment policies and handbooks adapted to the requirements of your profession, and guide you through day-to-day employment issues (such as FMLA, ADA, and disciplinary investigations) with a firm understanding of your personnel and what they do.
We’ll represent you before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health agency, and vigorously defend you in employment litigation knowing the importance of the outcome on your business.
When personnel matters really matter: rely on ROLF
Specific practice areas for Labor & Employment include:
- Affirmative action plans
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discipline and termination
- Disability and leave management
- Employee handbooks
- Employee defection and trade secrets
- Employment contracts
- Employment policies (social media, harassment, drug testing, etc.)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Litigation of employment disputes
- Noncompetes and protection against unfair competition
- Ohio Civil Rights Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- Title VII discrimination and harassment
- Union negotiation
- Wage and hour compliance
- Workplace training