Monica Weber Mazzola
Monica Weber Mazzola is an associate attorney with ROLF and focuses her practice on employment law and business litigation. She advises employers on day-to-day human resources issues, including hiring, discipline, termination, ADA & FMLA compliance, and harassment investigations. She conducts supervisory training, prepares employment contracts, and drafts employee handbooks. Monica also defends employers’ rights before state and federal courts and government agencies in employment and business litigation.
Monica is admitted to practice law in:
- Any state court in Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Juris Doctor, with honors
- Managing Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
John Carroll University B.S.B.A. in Marketing, cum laude
- Recipient, “Outstanding Senior Marketing Major of the Year”
Monica has been named as a “Rising Star” in the area of labor and employment law in 2009 and 2011 by Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition.
Monica has presented to health care associations in Ohio on numerous topics, including the following:
- “Reasonable Accommodations and Light Duty Work: The Legal Intersection of the ADA and Workers’ Compensation”
- “The Legal Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring, Firing, and Unemployment Compensation Law”
- “Recent Developments in the Americans With Disabilities Act and Pregnancy Discrimination”
- “A Whole New World: Employment Policies in the Technology Age”
Monica previously served as the Vice Chairperson on the Board of Directors of Cornerstone of Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing hope, education, and support to grieving children, teens, and adults.