Monica Weber Mazzola focuses her practice on employment law and business litigation. She advises employers on day-to-day human resources issues, including hiring, discipline, termination, ADA & FMLA compliance, and harassment investigations. She conducts supervisory training, prepares employment contracts, and drafts employee handbooks. Ms. Mazzola also defends employers’ rights before state and federal courts and government agencies in employment and business litigation.
Ms. Mazzola is admitted to practice law in:
- Any state court in Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Juris Doctor, with honors
- Managing Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
John Carroll University B.S.B.A. in Marketing, cum laude
- Recipient, “Outstanding Senior Marketing Major of the Year”
Ms. Mazzola has been named as a “Rising Star” in the area of labor and employment law in 2009 and 2011 by Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition.
Ms. Mazzola is a member of the following organizations:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Chapter of the Employment Laywers Inns of Court
Ms. Mazzola also serves on the Human Resources Committee for the Ohio Health Care Association.
Ms. Mazzola has presented to health care associations in Ohio on numerous topics, including the following:
- “Reasonable Accommodations and Light Duty Work: The Legal Intersection of the ADA and Workers’ Compensation”
- “The Legal Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring, Firing, and Unemployment Compensation Law”
- “Recent Developments in the Americans With Disabilities Act and Pregnancy Discrimination”
- “A Whole New World: Employment Policies in the Technology Age”
Ms. Mazzola serves as the Vice Chairperson on the Board of Directors of Cornerstone of Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing hope, education, and support to grieving children, teens, and adults.