Mr. Goffman concentrates his practice in the representation of health care providers in a wide range of regulatory, transactional and strategic matters. He has been selected as one of Ohio’s best health care attorneys by his peers in the “Super Lawyers” publication since 2006, and one of the best health care attorneys in the nation by “Best Lawyer in America” every year since 1995. Mr. Goffman is certified as a health care specialist by the Florida Br Association (since 1996).
Mr. Goffman received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Toledo Law School in 1981, where he graduated cum laude and was a member of its Law Review. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the State University of New York at Binghamton in 1978.
Mr. Goffman is admitted to practice law in:
• Any state court in Florida (where he was certified as a health care law specialist in 1996)
• Any state court in Ohio
• Any state Court in Michigan
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
University of Toledo College of Law Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
University of Toledo Law Review
State University of New York at Binghamton B.S. in Accounting
Mr. Goffman has recieved the following prestigious honors:
- Named by Northern Ohio Live Magazine (Jan/Feb 2009 edition) as one of the Top 50 Cleveland Lawyers,
- Recognized as one of Ohio’s top lawyers in the area of health law by Super Lawyers every year since 2004,
- Selected as one of the best health care lawyers in the nation by Best Lawyers in American every year since 1995,
- Selected as one of the top lawyers in healthcare law by American Lawyers in 2016, and
- Certified as a healthcare law specialist by the Florida Bar Association since 1996.
Mr. Goffman is a member of the following organizations:
• Ohio State Bar Association
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Florida Bar Association
• Ohio Hospital Association
• LeadingAge Ohio
• Health Care Financial Management Association
• Michigan Bar Association
Mr. Goffman has presented to various organizations, including the following:
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cleveland Bar Association
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio State University
- Ohio Health Care Association
- Leading Age Ohio
- Healthcare Financial Managers Association
Mr. Goffman has had published the following articles:
- “Review Controlling Documents to Avoid Suits” – Ohio LAwyer, May/June 2004, Volume 18, No. 3
- “Operating Rights to Nursing Home Beds – Selling and Leasing can be a Complicated Process” – The Cleveland Bar Journal, October 2002 edition.
- “Healthcare Transaction: A Trap for the Unwary” – The Cleveland Bar Journal, April 1999 edition.
- ”Purchasing Assets of a Medicare Certified Long-Term Care Facility: Automatic Assumption of the Seller’s Program Liabilities” – Banks Baldwin Law Publishing Company Health Law Journal of Ohio – September/October 1994 edition.
Mr. Goffman has served in the following roles within the community:
- Board of Member, Georgetown of the Highlands Condominium Associations (1990-1995)
- Chairman of Board of Trustees, Neighborhood Family Practice (1990 – 1997)
- Member, Ohio Certificate of Need Task Force (1994 – 1995)
- Ohio Health Care Quality Advisory Committee (1995 – 1996)
- Orangewood Homes Association Board of Trustees (2003-present)
- ALS Northern Ohio Association (2004 – 2010)
- Board of Trustees, Jewish Community Housing, Inc. (2005 – present)
- Park Synagogue Board & Executive Committee Member and Treasurer
- Montefiore Board and Executive Committee Member (2012-present)